CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vampire Academy (Book 1) and Frostbite (Book 2) by Richelle Mead ***Spoilers***



Holy Jesus!!! From where do I start? I just have to say that these two books are just amazing. When I started reading them I rapidly was consume in the story line. Soon I was part of their world.

Let’s start with Vampire Academy, the first book in the series. I really admire the amazing friendship that Lissa and Rose have. It goes beyond anything I know. They would die for each other. Rose indeed is the “guardian” of Lissa and protects her with so much commitment and passion. Rose is just one of my favorite characters of all times. She’s independent, strong and will fight for you any time. She’s also very flirty, but she knows when to stop. On the other hand, Lissa is not in her right mind, because of the powers she’s developing, but Rose keeps her sane. Alongside Dimitri enters the picture. He becomes the second guardian for Lissa and the tension between Rose and him is just heart stopping. He is perfect for her. She’s disaster and he’s control. But like always, their love is impossible. OMG, one of my favorite things in the book is the strange connection that Lissa and Rose share. I love when Rose goes into Lissa’s head and feels what she’s feeling. Another moment that cought my attention was when I went into a respiratory arrest when Rose and Dimitri almost had sex. Men, that was amazing. Dimitri is so HOT (Why God?...Why?) Every time Rose has an accident and Dimitri protesters her, my heart skipped a beat. My favorite scene is the last fight that involves Rose almost dying because of the strigori and Dimitri carrying her to the clinic. Dimitri is strong but at the end he had to give in and admit that he Loved Rose (Beautiful!!!!!!!)

The second book, Frostbite, is just adrenaline and romance rapped together. Dimitri and Rose are fighting with their love, but it’s not working too well. Trying to forget Dimitri, Mason becomes a lot more than just a friend for Rose. But she just can’t take of her mind that amazing and just perfect Dimitri. I totally loved the relationship that Lissa and Christian have. They truly love each other. When Dimitri starts thinking to go and become another women’s guardian my heart stopped. How can he just leave like that?....NO!!! I was suffering along with Rose. And then….Manson got killed fighting strigori. I cry so hard. I could not believe what was happening. I kept reading not understanding a word. My mind was with mason. I liked when Rose killed the two strigori that killed him. She’s is a heroine. I cry even more when all the guardians came and Dimitri saw Rose over Mason’s dead body and the only thing that she would say is “Stay back. Stay away from him.” She was in shock. And then at the end of the book my world was redeemed. Rose and Dimitri accepted their love and kiss (Just Amazing).

0 comments: